The Honeymoon Problem

Guest Vignette: Anonymous

My husband sees his buddy from high school. “Hey, I heard you just got married! Congrats!" As we wait in the Emergency Room, they strike up a conversation and have a jolly old chat.  "What brings you two in tonight?” A trip to the bathroom at midnight had left me with teeth-chattering pain and fever chills running up and down my spine. Within one minute he knows what I have. The mood in the room stays upbeat with the exception of me, who is scowling from pain and horrified by the context of my introduction as a new wife. This story will be retold by my sweet mother-in-law as an epic tale under the pretense of a prayer request.  Listeners will compassionately agree to pray--all the while snickering inside at the newly weds. After a couple hours of peeing glass, I get my cocktail of drugs and it’s not long before I start to feel a bit better. 24 hours later we get an e-mail from my husband’s Aunt asking about my UTI.  

No comments: